Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today Is A New Day

"You have dwelt long enough on this mountain....Behold, I have set the land before you; go in and take possession of the land which the Lord swore to your fathers...to give to them and to their descendants after them."  Deuteronomy 1: 6, 8


What a wonderful gift it is to wake up each morning knowing you get another chance to get it right (whatever 'it' is).  Didn't exercise?  That's okay, start today.  Didn't eat right?  Today is a whole new set of calories.  Didn't remember to count your blessings?  They are doubled today.  Didn't use kind words?  You're getting a new day to apologize and make it right. 

Holding onto the past is something I'm prone to do.  It is often very difficult for me to let things go.  What is the saying?  Women aren't hysterical;  they are historical.  Over time, that kind of thinking really eats at your insides physically and emotionally.  Forgiveness, though is "giving up the hope that the past could have been any different" (Oprah).  So if where I am is because of where I've been then all that was God's plan and moving forward from here takes me on the path that God has intended for me.  That makes me look at things that have happened in my life in a very different way.  It's just not that easy to do. 

Thank God, I get the chance to try again each and every day!

Have a brand new Blessed Life day!

No comments:

Post a Comment