Thursday, April 28, 2011

Be A New Creation

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!  2 Corinthians 5:17

I had to think about this one for a bit.  The author talks about "spinning your wheels" in life and I could definitely relate to that once I started thinking about it.  Usually I don't have too much trouble moving forward once I decide to do something but there are a couple of things that get me every time.  Eating right and exercise.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm actually one of those people that likes the sweaty, in your face type of exercising.  Jillian Michaels is my hero.  As much as I wanted junk food, I didn't have anything during Lent so willpower isn't an issue when my mind is set on it.  That's the problem.  I'm so "all or nothing" that I'm either totally obsessed with food and the gym or I'm not at all and nothing seems to motivate me.  I can't seem to strike that perfect balance.  Neither option works well for very long.  Somehow, I need to realize that if I miss one day or mess up, I can start over the next day or that just a bit for today is better than nothing.  For some reason, it doesn't take much to completely throw me off the track in either direction.

So for me, living my Best Life needs to be a healthy balance of eating right and exercising and permission to go off track once in a while without a total standstill.  That's what I need to be a new and better physical me.  A new creation.

Have a healthy and moving Best Life Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment